Best line of Cigars in the city. The Orr Drug Co.________________
J. M. Butler, a white man from Oconee county, was bound over to appear at the next term of the U. S. court on the charge of illicit distilling.________For Sale,
My home place, corner Baldwin and Jackson streets. H. T. Huggins.________
18 Granulated Sugar,
For $1.00 at J. H. Massey's.________
Death of Engineer,
The remains of Mr. J. L. Greer, an engineer employed by the Seaboard at Abbeville, S. C., were brought to Athens yesterday at noon, and taken over the Georgia railroad to Woodville, Ga., for interment.________
C. W. Motes, the photographer, invites the attention of the public to the very latest style of picture, the Royal Etching, which he has on display at his studio. For enlarged pictures nothing equals this style in beauty, finish or durability.________
On Broad street, a small pin or badge, enameled, blue and gold, with letters "U.S." on face. Finder will be suitably rewarded by returning to Webb & Crawford.________
Cabbage and New Irish Potatoes at J. H. Massey's.________
Services at Catholic Church,
There will be services at the Catholic church this morning at 9:30. Father Rapier officiating.________
I will pay fifty dollars reward with evidence to convict for the party or parties defacing public buildings or places by writing indecent words or otherwise. J. F. Rhodes, mayor.________
Two nice front rooms, suitable for physician, dentist, or lawyers in the Hajos Studio, 21 Clayton street. Apply to C. O. Motes, Studio 10 1/2 College avenue.________
Star Brand Hams,
at J. H. Massey's.________
Burial of Infant,
The little infant of Mr. and Mrs. G. H. Yancey who died early yesterday morning in Atlanta was brought here yesterday for interment. The corpse was met at the Seaboard depot and the interment took place in Oconee Cemetery.________
at J. H. Massey's.________________
- Athens Daily Banner, May 1902 - Oct. 1903 on Microfilm in the Heritage collection.
- 1902 Southern Bell Telephone Directory for Athens and Connections in the Heritage collection.
- 1904 Athens City Directory in the Heritage collection.
- Hajos' Athens Photo-Gravures by Albin Hajos in the Heritage and general collections.
- Moonshine: A Life in Pursuit of White Liquor by Alec Wilkinson in the biography section.
- Collector's Guide to Early Photographs by O. Henry Mace in the general collection.
- Uncovering Your Ancestry Through Family Photographs by Maureen Alice Taylor in the general collection.
- Seaboard Air Line Railway: Steam Boats, Locomotives, and History by Richard E. Prince in the Heritage collection.
- The Cemeteries of Greene County, Georgia by E. H. Armor in the Heritage and general collections.
- Oconee Hill Cemetery, Athens, Georgia, Volume I by Charlotte Thomas Marshall in the Heritage and general collections.
- The Locavore Way: Discover and Enjoy the Pleasures of Locally Grown Food by Amy Cotler in the general collection.
- Tommy at the Grocery Store by Bill Grossman in the children's collection.