The Colonial Theatre was on Washington Street near the intersection with Jackson Street downtown. The building was demolished in 1932.
- Athens Banner, Mar. 1906 - Dec. 1907 on Microfilm in the Heritage collection.
- 1909 Athens City Directory in the Heritage collection.
- A Postcard History of Athens by Gary L. Doster in the Heritage and general collections.
- Black Vaudeville, the TOBA, and the Morton Theatre: Recovering the History 1910-1930 by Thomas L. Riis in the Heritage and general collections.
- Encyclopedia of Vaudeville by Anthony Slide in the Reference collection.
- Vaudeville: The Birth of Show Business by Judy Alter in the children's collection.
- With Amusement for All: A History of American Popular Culture Since 1830 by LeRoy Ashby in the general collection.
- Chekhov: "The Vaudevilles" and Other Short Works in the general collection.
- Christmas Stories from the South's Best Writers, edited by Charline R. McCord in the fiction collection.
- The Official Guide to Christmas in the South, or If You Can't Fry It, Spray Paint It Gold by David C. Barnette in the general collection.