On this day in 1896, McGregor's Bookstore, which also sold athletic equipment and stationery supplies, much like college bookstores do today, ran this advertisement of their holiday offerings:
At the time, David W. McGregor's store was on the corner of Broad Street and College Avenue, across from the University, where Starbucks is located today.
- Weekly Banner, Aug. 1885 - Jan. 1897 on Microfilm in the Heritage collection.
- 1897-1898 Athens City Directory on Microfilm in the Heritage collection.
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps for Athens, Georgia, in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- Children at Play: An American History by Howard P. Chudacoff in the general collection.
- Children of a New Century by Jane A. Schott in the children's collection.
- Huck's Raft: A History of American Childhood by Steven Mintz in the general collection.
- The Collector's Guide to Switchblade Knives: An Illustrated, Historical, and Price Reference by Richard V. Langston in the general collection.
- The Dangerous Book for Boys by Conn Iggulden in the general collection.
- The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J. Buchanan in the general and children's collections.
- The Double-Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J. Buchanan in the general collection.