A Wonderful Health Record of Our City during the Present Summer.Athens is the most healthful city in Georgia.That's what the resident physicians say, and the statement is verified by the health record of the pass year. [sic]One physician tells us that he has never, during his twenty years of practice in Athens, seen such a healthful year as this has been, and has never heard of its equal in any city the size of Athens.Another physician syays he has known of but three cases of fever in Athens during the past year and they were induced by natural causes rather than by any defect in the city's sanitary condition.The fact is, that no city in the South has a better climate, a better natural dranage [sic], a more healthful environment every way [sic] than has Athens and there is no reason in the world why it should not be a wholesome city.We congratulate the city on its thorough sanitary inspection and watchfulness, and rejoice in the splendid advantages of health with which nature has blessed out [sic] city.Southern Watchman, 27 August 1889, p. 1.
- Southern Watchman, Aug. 1888 - Dec. 1889 on Microfilm in the Heritage collection.
- A History of Public Health in Georgia by Thomas Franklin Abercrombie in the Heritage collection.
- Under the Weather: How Weather and Climate Affect Our Health by Pat Thomas in the general collection.
- Sustaining Life: How Human Health Depends on Biodiversity by Eric Chivian in the general collection.
- Water by Sally Hewitt in the children's collection.
- The Water We Drink: Water Quality and Its Effects on Health by Joshua I. Barzilay in the general collection.
- Toxic Exposures: Contested Illnesses and the Environmental Health Movement by Phil Brown in the general collection.
- The Infectious Disease Sourcebook by Karen Bellenir in the Reference collection.
- Washing My Hands by Elizabeth Vogel in the children's collection.
- The Spa Encyclopedia: A Guide to Treatments and Their Benefits for Healing and Health by Hannelore R. Levy in the general collection.
- Fodor's Healthy Escapes by Bernard Burt in the general collection.
- The Road to Wellville by T. Coraghessen Boyle in the fiction collection.