During this time, a common place of burial for Athens residents was Oconee Hill Cemetery, only a few blocks from J. F. Wilson's location at the corner of Broad and Thomas Streets.
- Southern Watchman, Jan. 1874 - Aug. 1882 on Microfilm in the Heritage collection.
- Oconee Hill Cemetery, Athens, Georgia, Volume I by Charlotte Thomas Marshall in the Heritage and general collections.
- Athens-Clarke County, Georgia Cemeteries by Eve B. Weeks in the Heritage and general collections.
- The Undertaking, a 2007 Frontline documentary by Miri Navasky in the DVD collection.
- The Buried Soul: How Humans Invented Death by Timothy Taylor in the general collection.
- Corpses, Coffins, and Crypts: A History of Burial by Penny Colman in the general collection.
- Bury the Dead: Tombs, Corpses, Mummies, Skeletons, & Rituals by Christopher Sloan in the children's collection.
- Rejoice When You Die: The New Orleans Jazz Funeral by Leo Touchet in the general collection.
- Being Dead Is No Excuse: The Official Southern Ladies' Guide to Hosting the Perfect Funeral by Gayden Metcalfe and Charlotte Hays in the general collection.