Most advertisements and news stories from this time period relied on illustrations, but the location of the store along the tracks was a selling point worth seeing in a photograph.
- Athens Daily Herald, Jun. 1916 - Dec. 1916 on Microfilm in the Heritage collection.
- America Enters the World: A People's History of the Progressive Era and World War I by Page Smith in the general collection.
- The Routes of Man: How Roads Are Changing the World and Way Live Today by Ted Conover in the general collection.
- Roads Through the Ages by Philip Steele in the children's collection.
- Getting There: The Epic Struggle Between Road and Rail in the American Century by Stephen B. Goddard in the general collection.
- The Iron Horse: How Railroads Changed America by Richard Wormser in the children's collection.
- Station to Station by Steven Parissien in the general collection.
- Seaboard Air Line Railway: Steam Boats, Locomotives, and History by Richard E. Prince in the Heritage collection.
- From a Railway Carriage by Robert Louis Stevenson in the children's collection.