The Society News usually ran on page 3 of the Athens Daily Herald, and was edited by Mrs. Alice Adams, whose home phone number (832) appeared at the top of the page, so anyone with news could pass it along to her.
Other news reported by Mrs. Adams this day included:
- Miss Marjorie Bickers hosted an informal prom party for Athens girls.
- Miss Jessie McGregor returned from Greenwood, S.C. Sunday afternoon.
- The friends of Mrs. Madison Nicholson will regret to hear of her continued illness.
- Miss Helen Wineberg of Columbia, S.C. is the guest of Miss Hannah Bernstein.
- Miss Elizabeth Bondurant is spending a few days at a camp near Lakemont.
- Messrs. Ed Cohen and Leroy Michael left Sunday for a motor trip through the north and east.
- Mr. and Mrs. Randall Freeman are expected home in a few days after a delightful trip to Baltimore.
- Athens Daily Herald, May, 1922 - Aug. 1922 on Microfilm in the Heritage collection.
- 1920-1921 Athens City Directory on Microfilm in the Heritage collection.
- The Most Scenic Drives in America: 120 Spectacular Road Trips by the Readers Digest Association in the general collection.
- South Carolina: Off the Beaten Path by William Price Fox in the general collection.
- Fun and Games for Family Gatherings with a Focus on Reunions by Adrienne E. Anderson in the general collection.